MILITARY HEALTH SYSTEM RESPONSE TO COVID-19
A Health Services research approach to sustainable process improvements
The public purpose of this award is to use the Military Health System (MHS) as a model for large health systems investigating the impact of COVID-19 on resource allocation; cost, quality and efficiency of care; access to care; and population-level health outcomes. This research will enable those who work in and around health systems to apply the innovative techniques, models, and findings developed to inform decision-making by leaders and managers not only in the MHS but other health systems nationwide and across other high-income countries.
Mihrec-19 has three specific aims
- To build a conceptual framework of the impact of COVID-19 on the MHS.
- To conduct detailed analysis of cost, quality, access, safety, efficiency, and population-level health outcome data for the MHS during the COVID-19 pandemic
- To investigate in greater detail conditions which are deemed to be national priorities
Mihrec-19 key themes
- Resource allocation
- Cost, quality & efficiency of care
- Access to care
- Population-level health outcomes
- Expansion of telehealth
- Race-based disparities