CHSR educates outstanding health professionals, leaders, scientists, and administrators to meet the needs of the DoD, the MHS, the Public Health Services (PHS), and the Warfighter in support of effective, efficient quality healthcare. We design, sustain, and modify curricula, both on campus and at military training locations, which are:
- Integrated, enhancing course work that facilitates a rigorous exchange in and among the four primary academic schools: the School of Medicine, the Graduate School of Nursing, the Postgraduate Dental College, and the College of Allied Health Sciences.
- State-of-the-art, leveraging and developing advanced educational methodologies including distributed-learning, integrated teaching, simulations and simulators-blended with proven health education systems
- Competitive and stimulating, drawing the best and brightest to USU to prepare for a health career in the field of HSR
- Warfighter-focused, generating actionable, outcomes-based recommendations on improving the health and readiness of America’s Warfighters.
- Lifelong, delivering full lifecycle learning.
The CHSR has the following strategic objectives for education and training:
- Provide training opportunities of individuals, units and leaders who support military health services research (e.g., meetings, seminars, conferences, data training workshops, faculty development seminars)
- Educate graduate students, doctoral candidates, and medical residents on basic and advances health services research particularly to USU academic entities such as the Masters of Health Administration and Policy (MHAP), Masters of Public Health (MPH) and PhD in Public Health programs, the Graduate School of Nursing (GSN), and GSN Health Policy Program
- Support faculty development in health services research through access to grants, awards, and expertise.
CHSR works with PMB, SoM and, Graduate School of Nursing to mentor and educate students. (link to graduate program admission/program info)
Trainings we offer
To date a number of trainings have been conducted.
- Grant Writing Workshop, August 2019
- Intro to DaVINCI, December 2019
- Introduction to the MDR, May 2020 (virtual)
- PDE Training Workshop, October 7, 2020 (virtual)
- DaVINCI Workshop #2, January 2021
The following trainings are upcoming. Registration updates will be posted as information allows.
- MDR Training: Beginner to Advanced: July 2021
- Capturing Cost in the Direct Care System, October 2021
The CHSR hosts a Value Based Care Journal Club for MHS decision makers weekly since December 2019. The CHSR also hosts a virtual bi-monthly Health Services Research Interest Group (HSR IG) that is open to all. If interested in participating please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.